Monday 5 June 2017

Installation Artist Research

While researching Installation artists I kept in mind my theme of the duality between people an animals Which lead me to David Moreno's work.

The majority of Moreno's work is created with Wire or steel rods to create a sketch like installation; for example:
This reminds me of Valerie Davide's Work due to the sketch like, angular lines.

Image result for valerie davideMoreno's work is intentionally like this. He refers to his process as "trying to draw sculptures"

What drew me to his work is his work titled "Animal Watching Exhibition" It reminds me of my artist Charlotte Caron's work and is also similar to the digital experiments that I have experimented with.

Both Caron and Moreno look at humans and animals as one and also both hide the human's identity. Moreno's sculptures are very realistic and reminds me of my edited photos like the one on the right.











The second artist I looked at is Julien Nonnon. I had the idea of looking at projecting an animal on top of a person and came across his work. He combines humans and animals much like Caron and also has a similar style as Caron(The photo below) with the realistic animal heads. If I were to do something like this I would project a photo of an animal onto a person instead of just projecting a drawing/painting onto a surface.












No comments:

Post a Comment