Monday 1 May 2017

Eater Holiday Research

Week 1-
On Monday we did a task where we had to describe our artist's work as if to somebody who couldn't see the work. We had to describe things like form, lines, composition and colour. This was a useful task as it has made me understand the level of detail that needs to go into my artist analyses. 
Because I had mock exams I focused on revising for those over the rest of the week, so art-wise i was quite unproductive. This means i'll have to put in more effort next week. 

Week 2-
This week I gathered information on my artists and began writing analyses for each one. I also went to Hartshill Hayes and took photos, the bluebells were in bloom so I got some great photos. I had planned to go to White wall gallery in Birmingham but didn't have time so I will have to find time to go in the future.













Week 3-
This week I went on holiday to Great Yarmouth and so got some pictures that I could use. I also continued writing my analyses and decided that I don't want to look at Mark Powell and so started looking for new artists that I like. While in Great Yarmouth I found a gallery that i planned to go to but it ended up being closed until the summer so I was unable to go an look.







Week 4-
This week I gathered materials. I got charcoal, photo paper and acrylic paint. I also finally chose the third artist I wanted to look at which i was struggling with choosing and I finished all of my artist analyses. I still may change my last artist as I'm not sure if her work really fits in with the rest of what I'm doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment